Saturday, August 30, 2008

Catherine the Waitress - Teitur

I've been on vacation for awhile, I've missed a few Saturdays - but now I'm back...


I love hearing pop songs in other languages, well most other languages...like welsh and dutch or spanish and oh yes, danish.

But, I am no good at typing out lyrics in other languages and who the hell knows what it means - I suppose you can make it up...or try to find a translation...sometimes the words matter enough to change the song. I think.

Just to make this post better, I've added the video for Ongir pengar...tell me, do you like listening to songs in other languages? Do you make the words up? Or do you wish you could find them out?

Teitur sounds like he was born a few decades later than intended...

Waitresses work their asses off. Well - some of them. I was a waitress once.

There are a bunch of great oooo-ooo's at the beginning of this song.

Besides, Tim likes it too.

Catherine the waitress,
if you only knew where my mind is.
"Is there anything you'd like?"
If I could only tell you!
You haven't even noticed me,
but, oh you are so good to me!

Catherine the waitress,
I don't intend to seduce you.
I'm not a resident, I'm not a regular.
But if I lived here this would be my favourite bar!
Cross my heart and hope to die,
I'm not drunk, and I'm not high!

The accident happened one year ago,
according to the lines in my hand.
A requiem is playing behind my eyes,
but you don't see it, Catherine, do you?
Do you?

Catherine the waitress,
if you only knew where my mind is.
"Is there anything you'd like?"
If I could only tell you.
You haven't even noticed me,
but, oh you are so good to me!



Myspace here

No comments: