Saturday, March 29, 2008

California Girls - The Magnetic Fields

I celebrated my birthday this week. I talked shit with friends, ate well, drank a lot, danced, kissed and cuddled. I also froze my ass off. As such, I doubly hate California girls. 

When I hear this, the envy I have for the warm breezes that run through their fingers and the bright California sun on their skin makes me want to grab my battle axe. 

Oh, and it rocks too. 


See them on their big bright screen
tan and blonde and seventeen 
Eating nonfood keeps them mean 
but they're young forever
If they must grow up 
they marry dukes and earls
I hate California girls

They ain't broke, so they put on airs, 
the faux folk sans derrieres
They breath coke and they have affairs 
with each passing rock star 
They come on like squares 
then get off like squirrels
I hate California girls

Looking down their perfect noses
at me and my kind
do they think we won't
well, never mind

Laughing through their perfect teeth 
at everyone I know 
do they think we won't get up and go?

So 
I have planned my grand attacks 
I will stand behind their backs
with my brand new battle ax
Then will they taste my wrath 
They will hear me say 
as the pavement whirls 
"I hate California girls"



No comments: